- He’s a fair-weather friend. — g) someone who you can trust only when things are going well
- She has her head in the clouds. — f) when you are not thinking clearly
- He was sick yesterday, but today he is right as rain. — h) to feel fine
- He left his last job under a cloud. — i) under bad circumstances
- Every cloud has a silver lining. — j) bad things always have a good side.
- It’s a storm in a teacup. — c) when people become upset over unimportant things
- I’m feeling a bit under the weather. — b) depressed because you are not well, ill
- I’m snowed under by work now. — d) to have a lot of work
- It never rains but it pours. — e) troubles always come close together
- We’re having an Indian summer. — a) abnormally hot weather
- fair-weather friend. — друг только в хорошую погоду.
- head in the clouds. — витать в облаках.
- right as rain. — здоров, как бык.
- under a cloud. — в опале, в немилости;
- Every cloud has a silver lining. — нет худа без добра.
- storm in a teacup. — сделать из мухи слона.
- under the weather. — чувствовать себя не в своей тарелке.
- snowed under by work — дел по горло.
- It never rains but it pours. — беда не приходит одна.
- Indian summer. — бабье лето.